Unfortunately, our modern fast-paced lifestyles and diet are causing stresses within our body, including constipation and the habitual use of laxatives that deal with symptoms, not the underlying causes.
Constipation is a digestive health syndrome that occurs due to a decrease in the frequency of bowel movements. Mainly characterized by incomplete excretion of the bowel or passage of hard and dry feces, constipation can be a contributing factor to onset of several health problems as prolonged retention of food in the intestines can cause toxin production in the body...click to continue reading...
- Insufficient daily dietary fiber
- Inadequate consumption of water (minimum of half your body weight in ounces)
- Drugs like antacids, antidepressants, pain medications, etc.
- Conditions that include: hypothyroidism, colon disorders, etc.
- Sluggish elimination due to pregnancy
- Ignoring urge to evacuate
- Physical or emotional stress
Symptoms of Constipation…
- Difficulty in evacuating the bowel
- Infrequent and painful bowel movements
- Passing hard and/or dry stool
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Excessive gas and bloating
- Change in bowel habits
- Distended abdomen
- Multiple Allergic Responses to food, environmental factors, etc.
- Loss of appetite
- Foul breath and/or sour taste
Laxative Abuse is a serious issue that effects millions. Many people that participate in laxative abuse usually suffer from the disease Bulimia. The Myth: using laxatives after binge eating prevents the body's consumption of calories. This theory is inaccurate because by the time the laxative takes effect, the food is already in the large intestines and all calories and nutrients have previously been processed into the body. Another group of people that are at risk of abusing laxatives are people that are trying to lose weight quickly or they’re so stressed they are chronically constipated or don’t pay attention to the body’s call to eliminate because they’re busy and put it off until “it’s convenient”.
Laxatives put health-depleting stress on your body's organs forcing the kidneys and intestines to push water and waste out of your body - frequent urination and loss of essential minerals like potassium, sodium and magnesium are dangerous. The lowering of these minerals in the body can result in an electrolyte imbalance that is not only harmful but leads to muscle pain, spasms, irregular heartbeat, headaches, and even death. Remember that our electrolytes are the body’s electrical system – required for message transmission to all parts of the body.
Common Side Effects of Laxative Abuse…
- Laxative dependency - resulting in the body needing a greater dose of laxatives for the body to produce bowel movements;
- Gastrointestinal Tract Damage - leading to long-term digestive disorders;
- Immune System Dysfunction - resulting in reduced protection against illness;
- Severe Hydration- resulting in cells and tissues not rehydrating fast enough by drinking water leading to organ damage and possible death;
- Bowel Weakness - the inability for a person to maintain their bowels and possible colon failure.
- Weakness/muscle aches
- Water retention
- Colon disorders including tumors/adhesions/failure
- Blurry vision
- Severe abdominal pain
- Chronic diarrhea
- Electrolyte imbalances
- Chronic Constipation
- Irregular heartbeat
- Kidney damage
- Organ damage
The above symptoms and side effects of laxative abuse generally manifest from the person failing to rehydrate. The reason people use laxatives for weight loss is that they do help eliminate a few pounds but that is simply water weight! Laxatives are formulated to assist in the production of bowel movements, nothing else.
A unique product was formulated over ten years ago for the Institute for Wholistic Rejuvenation in order to provide consumers and those who are victims of multiple allergies with a safe method of facilitating easy evacuation.
Why is this stool softener so unique?
Because many colon cleansing products…
- contain ingredients that are “aggressive” NOT “assertive” – making them too harsh for short or long-term use or for those with existing intestinal inflammatory conditions.
- contain ingredients known to be habit-forming, this does NOT.
- cannot be used daily to maintain a healthy intestinal lining, this CAN.
- are not effective enough to be used at higher doses to facilitate removal of built-up colonic plague and deep cleansing, this IS.
The proprietary product is EliminAid™ and only available through the Health Matters Store, the exclusive distributor of products used and recommended by the Institute for Wholistic Rejuvenation and through Certified Rejuvenation Practitioners. The formula came about after working with thousands of clients worldwide who couldn’t tolerate conventional laxatives (nor should they), and other natural products were either too aggressive or not effective.
5 Steps to a Healthier Colon…
1. Supplement with daily fiber (ColonSweep™) – preferably in the evening with plenty of water. Supplementing with six ColonSweep is equivalent to approximately consuming two large turkey-platted-sized plates of raw vegetables!
a. If elimination is sluggish begin with ONLY stool softener (EliminAid™) until normal evacuation occurs. Thereafter, begin taking 3-4 ColonSweep daily, slowly working up to 4-5 for women and 5-6 for men – assure you evacuate completely daily. You may add EliminAid as needed to facilitate full, complete evacuations.
2. Use an herbal stool softener (EliminAid™) as needed when elimination is sluggish or incomplete – take at the same time as fiber. Begin with one and increase as needed, especially when under excessive stress, while traveling, or hydration is not adequate.
3. Hydration is imperative for overall health, including intestinal health. Drink the equivalent of half your body weight in ounces (example: if you weigh 140 lbs. you need a minimum of 70 ounces of water daily). If you work out, or otherwise lose body fluids, increase water consumption by at least 16 ounces. If you consume caffeinated beverages, you must add two cups of water for every cup of caffeine as it pulls out fluids 2 to 1.
4. Make sure to check your urine pH with test strips available at your health food store. A healthy pH level of 6.8 – 7.2 facilitates healthy intestinal ecology and does not create an environment for health-depleting microorganisms to live and thrive – thus – assisting to strengthen overall immune defenses. I advise my clients to achieve 7 or higher for rejuvenation and wellness.
5. Do not ignore the urge to eliminate; the longer putrefied matter sits in the colon the more toxins can be absorbed throughout the body.
REMEMBER…”The Road to Health is Paved with Good Intestines”
Scientists have now validated that most of our immune system is based in our gut…that’s right…our gut! Maintaining a healthy intestinal ecology provides the best “insurance” against illnesses and premature aging, Naturally.
Because many of you asked…The Wholistic Blend of ColonSweep is…
• A blend of botanicals, essential oils, enzymes, probiotics, natural vegetable fiber and alkalizing minerals;
• Contains over 20 proven ingredients to assist with cleansing & detoxification;
• Strong enough to remove mucoid plaque – gentle enough to use daily;
• All natural non-habit forming ingredients;
• Contains NO harsh laxatives;
• Contains magnesium & other alkalizing minerals – supporting proper pH & colon hydration;
• Contains herbs with chlorophyll – known to assist in blood cleansing;
• Formulated to facilitate full, complete bowel evacuation.
The Wholistic Blend of EliminAid™…
• A natural, herbal and mineral blend to enhance colon elimination and easy evacuation;
• Contains NO known habit-forming ingredients
*Consuming fiber is not always sufficient for effective elimination – stress, dietary changes, dehydration and illness inhibit peristalsis (rectal muscle movement). EliminAid™ is the perfect companion supplement to your daily fiber product.
Pardon the humor but it IS the best medicine and hopefully will get your attention enough for you to take steps to resolve a serious health issue confronting millions.