Yes, my secret is out...I love bananas. When you consider their jam-packed health benefits, it’s nature’s original fast-food! If you are diabetic or have high blood sugar, be careful to test blood sugar levels to see what your individual tolerance is to the natural sugar in bananas.
Click to continue reading...
- Supply healthy carbohydrates for overall energy – necessary to replace muscle glycogen
- Are high in potassium – helping the body’s circulatory system deliver oxygen to the
brain, maintain regular heartbeat and proper water balance;
- Contain vitamin B6 – the vitamin that regulates blood glucose levels to help
us in times of stress and to suppress mood swings such as those during PMS;
- Are packed with potassium that helps brain power and learning – helping students be
more alert. Studies show students do better on exams when they eat bananas
twice a day at breakfast and lunch;
- Are high in soluble fiber which helps avoid constipation and to restore and
maintain regular bowel elimination function;
- Are the “happy” food – they release a mood regulating substance called tryptophan
that is then converted to serotonin in the brain – elevating mood and making us
- Assist smokers to quit. They contain B vitamins and other important minerals that
lessen the effects of nicotine withdrawal – both physically and
- Can help individuals with anemia because of their high iron content. They help
stimulate production of hemoglobin in the blood.
AND…remember a helpful hint from my previous blog that included all the benefits and uses for bananas – use the inside of the peel to shine your shoes, the results are amazing, non-toxic and
good for our environment.