You Should Know…
- One out of every five women will experience some type of urinary tract infection or irritation, many of them annually;
- Men are just as likely to acquire a urinary tract infection as women;
- Introduction of healthy intestinal flora (broad spectrum probiotics) is just as important for your urinary tract as it is for your intestines;
- Taking antibiotics for UTIs adds insult to injury by killing all the bacteria; good and bad – leaving you vulnerable to another infection, usually within 6-8 weeks…click to continue reading…
Case Histories in Brief…
If you’ve been in the same position as the following case summaries, the advice in this health report is invaluable:
- An adult woman gets a bladder infection every time, or often, after sex;
- A child, man or woman gets at least one episode of an acute bladder infection a year;
- Parents of a young girl are told she’d need a kidney transplant because of chronic kidney infections that have now become antibiotic resistant;
- A young girl with a genetic disorder was put on continuous antibiotics for two years because of chronic kidney and bladder infections;
- A young man (age 15) was on long-term antibiotic use for painful urination, medically diagnosed as a bladder infection.
Simple things to help promote a health urinary tract, including:
- Drink plenty of water every day – this dilutes your urine and helps you regularly flush your system.
- Urinate when you feel the need; don’t resist the urge to go.
- For women, wipe from front to back, and use unscented and unbleached toilet paper as many women react to the dyes and chemicals in other toilet papers.
- Take showers instead of baths.
- Cleanse your genital area prior to and after sexual intercourse, better yet, use a bidet.
- Avoid feminine deodorant sprays, douches, and powders that can lead to irritation of the urethra and genitals.
- Only use natural cotton sanitary napkins and tampons – 97% of women believe they are made of cotton, but the truth is LESS THAN one percent actually are.
By following these simple, but effective suggestions, you can help support your urinary tract health. In addition, as parents and grandparents, we need to educate little girls with the information provided above.
Routine treatment of bladder and kidney infections involves antibiotics and antimicrobials. In over 90% of bladder and kidney infections, antibiotics are actually an inferior treatment choice. The treatment of choice for initial treatment of most urinary tract infections is a homeopathic complex made to balance the bacteria in the urinary tract for the body to excrete it naturally.
The bacterium found in over 90% of all bladder infections, Escherichia coli (“E.coli”), is NOT the infamous E. coli associated with unsanitary food processing that usually requires hospitalization and can kill. This type of E. coli is found as a natural part of the “normal microflora” in every intestinal tract. That said, even normal E. coli doesn’t belong in the bladder and urinary tract; in these areas it multiplies and becomes an infection.
According to well respected physician, Dr. Jonathan Wright, “Urinary tract infections occur because the normal down flow of urine from the kidneys through the ureters into the bladder do not carry the E. coli along with it. What occurs is that the E. coli “sticks” to the inner walls of the bladder and work their way upward (like ‘Spiderman’) – often even reaching the kidneys. The ‘cell walls’ of each E. coli are covered with tiny fingerlike projections. The very tips of these projections are an amino acid-sugar complex, a ‘glycoprotein’ also called a ‘lectin’. E. coli ‘lectins’ have the unfortunate (for us) capability of ‘sticking’ the bacteria to the inside walls of our bladders and urinary tracts, so they can’t be rinsed out simply by urination.”
Why is “rinsing away” E. coli with a homeopathic complex superior to killing them with antibiotics and anti-microbials? When an antibiotic is taken, it kills unwanted micro-organisms – also destroying many “friendly” micro-organisms. Every woman is familiar with “yeast infections” that follow antibiotic use, as the “friendly bacteria” are killed off along with the “bad bacteria” – leaving the antibiotic-insensitive yeast to grow “out of control”. Long-term or often-repeated antibiotic use can lead to major disruptions in normal body microflora, and sometimes to major disruptions in health, especially immune system function. It’s suspected that the “killer” E. coli of recent years is “mutants” caused by persistent antibiotic feeding to animals.
What About Cranberry Juice?
Yes, cranberry juice has been found to be helpful for urinary tract infections. However, it must be unsweetened and the amount needed to be truly beneficial is quite large. Homeopathic drops, in contrast, help the body to naturally eliminate the health-depleting organisms and relief is usually within 24 hours, especially when accompanied by a professional probiotic formula made specifically to restore vaginal balance.
Homeopathic Bladder Kidney Complex – relieves symptoms such as; difficult or involuntary urination, fever, burning pain, and sensation of fullness in the bladder. At the first sign of an infection, I use 6 drops under the tongue 4 times daily for at least 3 days – even if symptoms are not evident after a day or so.
Ultimate FloraMax Vaginal Balance™ – 50 Billion live cultures per capsule containing high lactobacilli specifically for woman’s needs. Additionally, it contains 9 clinically-proven probiotic strains to promote a healthy balance of vaginal and urinary tract flora, especially made for delayed release in vegetarian capsules. The 9 strains in Ultimate FloraMax Vaginal Balance wee chosen for their prevalence in a healthy vaginal and urinary tract – second only to the colon in number of bacterial residents. The healthy vaginal flora consists primarily of the Lactobacillus species and a smaller amount of Bifidobacteria. The vaginal flora produces lactic acids to help prevent the growth of harmful bacteria and yeast that can lead to yeast infections and urinary health disorders.
Your Health Detective:
Uncovering Clues to Add LIFE to Your Years…NOT Merely Years to Your Life, Naturally
Dr. Gloria Gilbère (aka Dr. G), D.A.Hom., Ph.D., D.S.C., EcoErgonomist, Wholistic Rejuvenist
Dr. Gilbère is renowned worldwide for her work in identifying and finding natural solutions to chemically-induced and inflammatory disorders, multiple chemical sensitivities, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, Gulf War Syndrome, and digestive disorders that defy conventional diagnosis and treatment. She consults worldwide via telephone, at her Institute in Sandpoint, Idaho and at the Mt. Rainier Clinic for Wholistic Rejuvenation in Gig Harbor, Washington. Visit her website at www.gloriagilbere.com for details about consulting with her.
Creator of certificated courses to become a Wholistic Rejuvenist™ (CWR) and for post-graduate education for health and spa professionals. Go to www.gloriagilbere.com and click on Wholistic Skin & Body Rejuvenation (WSBR™) for course outline. Available on-site at worldwide locations, and via distance-learning at your convenience globally.
Published by Institute for Wholistic Rejuvenation – ©2011division of Gloria E. Gilbère, LLC, A Private Healthcare Membership Association, all rights reserved.
Information in this newsletter is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by medical professionals, nor is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent a disease or disorder. The FDA has not reviewed or endorsed the contents of this educational publication.
Copyright is held by Gloria E. Gilbère, LLC to which all rights are reserved. Other than personal, non-commercial use or forwarding, no material in this newsletter may be copied, distributed, or published without the expressed written permission of its author and copyright holder.