Highly toxic, disease-promoting ingredients that are LEGAL in our food supply
Did you know that we intake over 150 chemicals, carcinogens and toxins each day? Chemicals invade every aspect of our modern lifestyles from well-known toxins to newer compounds with unknown long-term effects. They build in our bodies and store within the soft and connective tissues, fat cells [see graphic to the left], and organs of detoxification; specifically the kidneys, liver, and lymphatic system.
Did you know over 95% of shoppers purchase food with ingredients known to cause cancer?..Continue reading...
Examples of toxic ingredients consumed daily by consumers:
FACT – Lead was banned in the U.S. decades ago because of its high toxicity.
REALITY – Candy manufactured by American companies in Mexico (and other countries), such as a report that a division of the Mars™ candy company, was legally sold on grocery shelves although known to contain high lead levels. Mexican candies, such as Lucas Limon, Super Lucas, Lucas Acidito, and Lucas Limon Con Chile were found to contain high levels of lead – yet it’s complete list of ingredients were legally hidden under “spice” on the list of contents.
According to the Orange County Register, the company voluntarily agreed to pull the candies off U.S. shelves three years ago after an investigative report and test results were published. According to a May 12, 2007 report by a special investigation of Toxic Treats, “Tainted Mexican treats still turn up at California distributors despite promises by manufacturers.”
Chilies from Mexico are equally contaminated with lead – often ground without cleaning. Bags of chilies in the U.S. have been found to contain lead-containing dirt, rocks, nails, and even car battery parts.
Consequences – Toxic ingredients like lead are called metabolic disruptors. They promote diseases like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s and neurological disorders. They interfere with normal, healthy, human metabolism, and in doing so, suppress the body’s ability to fight disease and heal itself – promoting chronic diseases and disorders.
These disruptors include, but are not limited to:
• Sodium nitrite, hydrogenated oils, homogenized milk-fats, aspartame, MSG, artificial food colorings, and even innocent-sounding ingredients such as refined white sugar.
FACT – We are slowly being poisoned by one specific ingredient, deliberately added to our food supply – Hydrogenated oils. The World Health Organization, unsuccessfully, tried to outlaw it decades ago.
Food manufacturers and government agencies, who are suppose to protect us hijacked science, and the public, in a blatant attempt to get people to buy their high-profit products like margarine, shortening, snack crackers, and baked goods.
Consequences – Hydrogenated oils are known to cause:
• Birth defects
• Heart disease
• ADHD, aggressive behavior, loss of memory, declined creativity, and brain cell damage
• Immune system dysfunction
• Impaired development of the brain of fetuses
• Liver disease
• Over 30,000 “known” deaths per year in the U.S.
• Blood clotting – making blood stick, increasing risk of blood clots, atherosclerosis, and hypertension by damaging blood vessels
• Deficiencies of healthy oils and essential fatty acids (EFAs)
• Cystic fibrosis
• Lower essential fatty acids in breast milk of nursing mothers
• Rises in serum cholesterol
• Periodontal (gum) disease and increased dental caries
• Reduced tissue oxygen levels
• Dandruff and many cases of acne other skin disorders
Additionally, it causes cell-by-cell failure within the body by destroying the porosity and flexibility of healthy cell membranes – it’s like tearing your body down from the inside-out. If these oils were fed to animals, it would be considered animal cruelty, yet they’re allowed for human consumption.
Consuming just 2% trans-fat calories boosts your risk of diabetes by 39%...is it any wonder diabetes is now epidemic proportions?
FACT – Many body-building and protein powders, even at health stores, contain an array of known toxic ingredients, such as aspartame, saccharin, fructose, artificial colors and other synthetic stabilizing and flavor-enhancing ingredients. Artificial sweeteners like aspartame should have been banned years ago.
Consequences – Aspartame, a neurotoxin, stimulates brain neurons to death. When consumed, it breaks down into two chemical compounds within the body: formic acid and formaldehyde. Formic acid is an irritant – the same chemical produced by fire ants, it doesn’t belong in the blood. Formaldehyde is a preservative – when ingested, causes widespread nerve damage to the optic nerve, brain cells, and nerve cells that control body movement. That’s why aspartame is linked to migraine headaches (nerves in the head swell), muscle tremors (Parkinson’s), vision disturbances, muscle pain and weakness and mental confusion – it is listed as an environmental toxin by the EPA. The same avoidance applies to sucralose, saccharin and any synthetic sugar substitutes.
The ONLY sweetener I recommend is Lakanto™ made from natural ingredients derived from a Japanese gourd. I prefer the taste of this natural sweetener from others because it’s more like sugar and approved by the American Diabetic Association. Lakanto™ has Zero calories, Zero Glycemic index, and Zero Additives. It is measured on a one-to-one basis in recipes to replace sugar. I've had a five-layer carrot cake made with it and the only issue is you need to add a bit more moisture for baked goods. In this cake we added non-sweetened applesauce but you could also use sour cream or non-fat yoghurt; the guests did not know it wasn't made with sugar and asked for second servings, always the best compliment.
My research exposes the top three most dangerous food ingredients:
2) Hydrogenated oils -- causes heart disease, nutritional deficiencies, general deterioration of cellular health, and much more (see above). Found in cookies, crackers, margarine and many "manufactured" foods. Used to make oil stay in food and extend shelf life – often called "plastic fat."
3) Excitotoxins -- aspartame, monosodium glutamate and others (see references). These neurotoxic chemical additives directly harm nerve cells, over-exciting them and causing cell death, according to Dr. Russell Blaylock. They're found in diet soda, canned soup, salad dressings, breakfast sausage and even manufactured vegetarian foods. They're used to add flavor to over-processed, boring foods that have had the life cooked out of them.
Did you know, for example, that:
* Feeding children non-organic commercial hot dogs increases their risk of brain cancer by 300%?
*Strawberry yogurt, fruit punch and other red-looking grocery products are often colored with dead, ground-up cochineal beetles? The ingredient is called "carmine" – made from insects and listed on the label of many favorite foods.
* Food companies now "hide" MSG in safe-sounding ingredients like yeast extract, hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP), autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed protein, hydrolyzed plant protein, plant protein extract, sodium caseinate, calcium caseinate, yeast extract, textured vegetable protein (TVP), autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed oat flour, corn oil, and torula yeast? Other additives/foods that frequently contain MSG include: malt extract, malt flavoring, bouillon, broth, stock, flavoring (s), natural flavor (s)/flavoring, natural beef or chicken flavoring, seasoning, and spices.
* Many Florida oranges are actually dipped in an artificial orange dye in order to make them more visually appealing? It's the same dye banned for use in foods because of cancer risk.
* Some Girl Scout cookies are still made with hydrogenated oils that contain trans fatty acids?
* Many so-called "healthy" or vegetarian foods contain the same offending ingredients as conventional groceries?
* Eating just one serving of processed meats each day increases your risk of pancreatic cancer by 67%.
* Just one artificial color additive can cause behavioral disorders in children? And that 80% of children diagnosed with ADHD can be outright cured in as quickly as two weeks by avoiding certain food ingredients and environmental toxins?
* Many guacamole dips don't contain avocado? Instead, they're made with hydrogenated soybean oil and artificial colors.
It's all quite shocking, yes, but this is vital information you need to know if you want to feed yourself -and your family -- foods that actually promote health (nutrition-based medicine) instead of disease-promoting.
Remember, the longer the ingredient list, the less healthy the food. Read ingredients before buying foods. If you discover chemical names that you can't pronounce or are not specifically identified, don't buy it!
The Way I See It...
The longer the ingredient list, the less healthy the food. Read all ingredients BEFORE purchasing. If you discover chemical names you can't pronounce or abbreviations that are not specifically identified, DON'T by it!
Your Health Detective:
Uncovering Clues to Add LIFE to Your Years…NOT Merely Years to Your Life, Naturally
Dr. Gloria Gilbère (aka Dr. G), N.D., D.A.Hom., Ph.D.,
EcoErgonomist, Wholistic Rejuvenist
Creator of certificated courses to become a Wholistic Rejuvenist™ (CWR) and for post-graduate education for health professionals. Go to www.gloriagilbere.com and click on Wholistic Skin & Body Rejuvenation (WSBR™) for course outline. Available on-site at worldwide locations, and via distance-learning at your convenience globally.
To consult with Dr. Gloria via telephone worldwide or at the Institute for Wholistic Rejuvenation in Sandpoint, Idaho, USA, complete the new client forms at www.gloriagilbere.com and submit electronically. As soon as our office staff receives your completed forms, we will contact you either by email or telephone to schedule a consultation. Dr. Gloria even pays for the call if you’re in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, Western Europe, and many other countries. For more information, visit our website at www.gloriagilbere.com.
Source: Orange County Register, Jenifer B. McKim “Candies still for sale after voluntary recall”
OC Register, Jenifer B. McKim, “Lead candy lingers”, May 12, 2007
Source: Aug. 6. 04, Mike Adams, Natural News.com